746 reviews analysed
1. Grip Clip Heat Tape Pro for Ice Dam Prevention Heavy Duty – Self-Regulating – Plug-in Ready Heat Cable – 120V, 6 watts/FT (50 Feet + 10 Feet Cold Lead)
- AMERICAN SUPPORT: Knowledgeable, Minnesota-based company with expert support staff you can actually speak to about ice dam prevention. We are excited to help! Phone: 877-387-4218
- USES: For use on flat roofs, metal roofs, asphalt roofs, rubber roofs and more.
- HEAVY DUTY: Heat Tape Pro is a commercial-grade self-regulating heat cable that substantially outperforms cheap cables such as EasyHeat and FrostKing.
- WARRANTY: Best-in-Industry 5 year warranty – ETL Listed – WILL NOT short or burnout if cable is overlapped and can be used on flat roofs and metal roofs, unlike cheap cables.
- HEADS UP! Please don’t forget to order Radiant Solutions Company Roof Clips with this product – visit www.heattapecalculator.com for cable length and accessory recommendations.
2. Heat it HIRD 20 feet Roof Gutter De-Icing Cable
- Designed to prevent ice buildup, known as ice dams, from forming on roofs and in gutters and downspouts. Protect your roof from damage and leaking, keep the water flowing in gutter & downspouts. When properly installed and operated, this product creates a path for melted snow or ice (“melt water”) to drain from the roof to the ground.
- Used for Metal or plastic gutters/downspouts, Inclined roofs Roofs with noncombustible shingles (Ex.: asphalt shingles) that meet national building codes. Different lengths are available
- Suitable for most roof and gutter configurations. HIRD cable cannot be used on slate, stone, metal and ceramic roofs.
- Test the cable before installation. Uncoil the heat cable completely so it does not touch, cross over or overlap on itself. Do not plug in the cable until it has been completely uncoiled. Plug cable in, and in approximately few minutes, it should feel slightly warm to the touch. Then unplug the cable.
- Both CSA and ETL approved. 6 ft 18/3 cold lead with plug
- 5 watts/ft. Pre-assembled, ready to install, no maintenance required
- Easy instruction manual, clips and spacers are included.
- Tough XLPE as inner insulation and weather resistant PVC (high-low temperature) as out jacket. 100% screen rate with the Aluminum foil and tinned copper braid. More safe and more healthy. Three year limited warranty- If you are not completely satisfied with HEATIT heating cable, please don’t hesitate to contact us in any time.
What is the purpose of the heating cable?
The roof de-icing cable is designed to prevent ice buildup, known as ice dams, from forming on roofs and in gutters and downspouts. When properly installed and operated, this product creates a path for melted snow of ice (“melt water”) to drain from the roof to the ground.
Why you need to choose HIRD roof heating cable to protect your roof in the winter ?
HIRD roof heating cable was approved by both CSA and ETL. You can have more confidence on the product safety. Pre-assemble heating cable make installation easy for do-it-yourselfers with the included clips and spacers.
HIRD owned the aluminum foil and the tinned copper braid to make sure the 100% screen rate to make the product more healthy and more stable.
In the connection, HIRD take the industrial grade heat shrinkage tube technology to make the cable more durable.
How about the manufacturer?
The factory meet ISO9001 standard (audit by BV)in the production process and the company take a very strict requirement on the incoming material, production process control, finish good inspection etc. Advanced product structure engineering design, good raw material, strict production process, strict internal management plus many years maneuvering experience make HIRD more reliable.
This kit is only designed for use on:
Metal or plastic gutters/downspouts
Roofs with noncombustible shingles (Ex.: asphalt shingles) that meet national building codes
Do not use this kit on any other type of roof, gutter and downspout, including: Roofs with wooden shingles, Rubber or rubber membrane roofs, Composite (tar and gravel) roofs, Wooden gutters or downspouts, Flat roofs
HIRD cable cannot be used on slate, stone, metal and ceramic roofs.
These types of roofs require special installation or the use of a self-regulating cable.
3. Pusdon Multi-Purpose Aluminum Foil Tape, Silver 2-Inch x 60 Yards – Perfect for HVAC, Pipe Heating Cable Application, Sealing & Patching Hot & Cold Air Ducts, Metal Repair and More Use
- Combines the sealing and protective benefits of aluminum with the ease of use of tape. Aluminum Foil Tape for general HVAC ductwork maintenance, patching, seaming and sealing.
- Indoor/outdoor Use! Resists flame, resists moisture, resists weather, resists UV degradation, chemical resistant tape, thermally conductive tape for heating and cooling efficiency, heat reflective tape.
- Excellent thermal conductivity that allows it to be used as an insulator, cooling pad and heat sink. Thermal conductivity helps cooling and heating efficiency, improving efficiency in systems.
- Premium Quality! Acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive, conformable foil and pressure sensitive adhesive allows it to fit on joints and irregular corners.
- Good flame retardant, vapor barrier sealant for insulating systems and excellent for general repairs. Can be used in most weather conditions and at a wide variety of temperatures.
Pusdon Aluminum Foil Tape is Great for masking, sealing, seaming, shielding, harness wrapping, joining, vibration damping, electroplating, plastic protection, chemical milling, heat shielding, heat reflecting, and even paint stripping.
Specific Uses on:
Automotive, Aerospace, HVAC, Appliance, Military, Government, Defense, Marine, Metal Finishing, Electronics, Recreational Vehicle, Construction, and General Industrial.
Aluminum foil tape features:
Resists flame, resists moisture, resists weather, resists UV degradation, chemical resistant tape, thermally conductive tape for heating and cooling efficiency, heat reflective tape, light reflective tape, conformable tape.
Directions/Preparing Surfaces to Use Pusdon Aluminum Foil Tape
-all surfaces should be clean, dry, oil free and no dust or iron rust before placing any Pusdon tape on
-after place on the tape, press the tape firmly to the surface and smooth, emptying the air between the surface and the tape
100% Satisfaction for each customer!
Products by Pusdon always carry a money back policy so go ahead and give them a try. You won’t lose! Click the “ADD TO CART” button and order Now!
If you are not 100% fully satisfied you can return it within 30 days with no questions asked.
4. WRAP-ON Pipe Heating Cable – 60-Feet, 120 Volt, Built-in Thermostat, Low Wattage – 31060
- BUILT-IN THERMOSTAT – Turns the cable on at 38 degrees F and prevents frozen pipes to -50 degrees F – Simply wrap on, insulate and plug in. Insulation sold separately.
- PRESS-TO-TEST BUTTON – Exclusive feature to test cable before or after installation.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT – Uses up to 65% less energy at 2 watts per foot vs other cables at 7 watts per foot.
- USE ON ALL RIGID PIPES – PVC, CPVC, copper and metal pipes.
- MADE IN THE USA
Prevents frozen water pipes to –50F. Simply wrap on, insulate and plug in. Engineered for use on metal and rigid plastic pipes. Uses an exclusive Press-To-Test button so you can test the cable before installing. A built-in thermostat turns the cable on at 38F. Proven low-wattage design uses up to 65 percent less energy at 2 watts a foot vs. other cables at 7 watts a foot, and protects to –50F. An exclusive power sensor light glows when the thermostat is closed. Each package contains one ready-to-install pipe heating cable along with installation instructions. To install, you will also need PVC/electrical tape, fiberglass pipe insulation, a tape measure and eye protection. Warning: This cable has been designed for the sole purpose of preventing metal and rigid plastic water filled lines from freezing. DO NOT use this product on fuel lines, drain lines, hoses or buried pipes. Fiberglass pipe wrap is required to complete the installation. Read and follow all instructions. Cables are available in various lengths. See chart to determine the length required for your application.
From the Manufacturer
Pipe Heating Cable – 31060 60Ft. Ul Pipe Heat Cable
5. TOPDURE 26.5 feet 7.5W/ft Pipe Heating Cable
- Pre- assembled with power indicator light and built in thermostat (Below 37F ON, Over 50F OFF) .
- Prevent pipe freezing down to -40° F (-40° C).
- Used on water filled rigid metal and plastic pipes.
- 7.5watt/ft 120V.Can’t be cross, spiral or overlapped.
- 6ft 18/3 cold lead with grounded plug. 2 year warranty.
6. Frost King HC6A 6 Feet Automatic Electric Heat Cable Kits, Black
7. Thermwell Products HC18 Pipe Heat Cable 18 ft.
8. Easy Heat AHB-013 Cold Weather Valve and Pipe Heating Cable, 3-Feet
- Manufactured in china
- Easy to use
- Highly durable
- Easy Heat pipe heating cable installs quickly and easily to keep water flowing down to -40° F (-40° C)
- Prevents pipe freeze-ups
- Includes heating cable, grounded plug, built in thermostat and instructions
- Designed for rigid plastic and metal pipes up to 1.5” (38mm) in diameter
- Built-in thermostat saves energy by powering the cable only when needed
- Turns on below 38° F (3° C) and off above 45° F (7 ° C)
- Plug indicator light assures the system has power
- Plugs into a standard 120 VAC outlet
- Constructed of weather resistant PVC outer jacket, continuous ground braid and polyethylene inner insulation
- UL listed and CSA certified
3′ automatic pipe heating cable, surface mounted snap action THERMOSTAT activates heat only when needed, heats to 7W per foot, TOTAL: 21W or 175a, for use with plastic or metal pipe, UL & CSA listed.
9. Easy Heat ADKS-1000 200-Foot Roof Snow De-Icing Kit
- Snow de-icing cable prevents winter damage to roof, gutters, and downspouts
- Provides uninterrupted path for melting water to flow off roof
- Suitable for most roof and gutter configurations
- available in several lengths
- Easy to install
- no maintenance required. Includes 6 packages of clips
- Fixed resistance, pre-terminated. For residential applications
Prevent winter damage to the roof, gutters, and downspouts with an Easy Heat ADKS Roof Snow De-Icing Kit. The simple yet effective design features a low-profile, black cable that snakes along outdoor surfaces and provides an uninterrupted path for melting water to flow without re-icing and forming dams. Suitable for almost any inclined roof and approved for both metal and plastic gutters, the cable is easy to install with the included clips and spacers and provides a handy service year in and year out with no maintenance required. It is also CSA Certified and UL Listed, provides 5 watts per foot and 120 VAC, and comes with a three-wire grounded plug and a 6-foot power cord. The cable is available in 30-, 60-, 80-, 100-, 120-, 160-, and 200-foot lengths to fit any sizing need; all mounting hardware is included.
From the Manufacturer
It’s not those big icicles that do the real damage, it’s the ice you don’t see that backs up in gutters and under shingles. When the ice melts it can really do a number on repair costs. Easy Heat ADKS roof de-icing cable prevents this water and ice damage by providing a clear path for melting water to flow off the roof. The versatile design adapts to most roof and gutter configurations. This product is intended for the sole use of preventing ice dams from forming on inclined roofs with tab shingles, in gutters and downspouts. This roof de-icing cable is not intended for use as a snow melting system to clear roof of ice and snow. This system can be installed with confidence that it will operate for years without requiring service. All components are made of the highest quality material and are tested during critical points in the manufacturing process.
10. HEATIT HISD 30-feet Pipe Heating Cable with Built-in Thermostat
- Use for water filled plastic (including PEX) or metal pipes. Not use for anything else, like empty water pipes, fuel lines, hoses, gutters, steam lines and so on. Two year limited quality . If you are not completely satisfied with HEATIT heating cable, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service in any time, we’ll try our best to solve your issues.
- Pre-assembled easy to install. Including grounded plug with light, built in thermostat, and instructions. Easy to install and use. 120 volt, 7 watts/ft. Built in thermostat to turn the cable 37F on 50F off. Energy saving. 100% screen rate with the Aluminum foil and tinned copper braid.
- Both CSA and ETL approved. Industrial grade heat shrinkage tube for connection. Tough XLPE as inner insulation and weather resistant PVC (high-low temperature) as out jacket.
- Maximum 1/2 in fiberglass insulation was used over the heating cable for lower temperature protection. Pipes must be at least 3 feet and at least 3/8” and less than 1 1/2” in. diameter. No crossing. No spiral. No overlap itself. Only straight.
- Testing the cable before the installation. Uncoil the cable, plug in the heating cable and then put the thermostat part of the cable into an ice bucket for few minutes. When the temperature is below 37F, the thermostat will energize the cable to work. Normally you can feel the slight warm on the heating cable in few minutes. To avoid the overheat, please don’t plug in the cable for a long time for testing. When you feel the slight warm, please turn it off.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Frostex Pipe Heating Cable for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!